The newest patch for the hit Norse multiplayer RPG Valheim is out now, and it makes a collection of adjustments, one among which impacts a loophole that gamers found to cheese supplies. As Eurogamer reminds us, gamers may harvest supplies from greydwarves by setting hearth to the realm round the place they spawn.
However the brand new patch adjustments campfires, bonfires, and the fireplace in order that they take injury whereas dealing injury. What this implies is that you’ll now have to restore fires manually to rekindle them as a substitute of getting them run infinitely.
Eurogamer checked out the sport after the patch and located that, “After standing in my campfire for a couple of seconds I seen it had dropped half its well being. Hearths fare somewhat higher, however nonetheless solely final a couple of minutes. So it is secure to say the toaster technique is now far much less sensible than it as soon as was, and you’ll’t simply depart it operating when you do some chores.”
The remainder of the patch notes define a wide range of bug fixes and welcome enhancements and adjustments, together with making it simpler to tame wolves that spawn at night time. Moreover, you possibly can’t use the harpoon on bosses any extra, whereas the battle axe has seen a change that makes it simpler to hit a number of components. The drop price for the Drake and Deathsquito trophies is now elevated, whereas all boss drops can now float on water.
You’ll be able to see the complete patch notes beneath, as posted by developer Iron Gate on Steam. It is also price mentioning that that you must replace your server as nicely to see the adjustments.
Valheim is a gargantuan success, with the most recent numbers exhibiting an astonishing 6 million in sales for the sport made by a group of 5 folks.
Valheim March 23 Patch Notes
- Campfire,Bonfire & fireside take injury when dealing injury
- Strengthened chest stock house elevated to 6×4
- All boss drops can now float on water
- Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to cease tombstones from getting caught)
- Fastened rotation of Wooden tower defend on merchandise stands
- Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop price elevated
- 1 & 2 Star creature HP repair
- Night time-spawning wolves needs to be simpler to tame now (ought to cease making an attempt to run away & despawn after beginning to tame)
- Harpoon doesn’t work on bosses anymore
- In-game console disabled by default (add launch argument “-console” to allow)
- The console command for enabling developer/debug instructions has been modified to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
- Improved enemy projectile response system
- Battle axe tweaks (hits a number of enemies simpler)
- Participant knockback pressure is affected by tools velocity modifiers (IE heavy gear will scale back the knockback from enemies)
- Blackforest stone tower tweaks
- Ward system fixes (You’ll be able to now not place a brand new ward the place an enemy ward overlaps)
- Consolation calculation mounted
- “Failed to attach” error message mounted
- Serpent trophy stack repair
- Lacking Moder spawn location in some worlds mounted (NOTE: For current worlds “genloc” command must be run manually in an area sport with dev instructions enabled to generate new areas, that is solely wanted in case your particular world has this situation, this isn’t quite common)
- Megingjord item-collider repair
- Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator
- Hammer take away auto-repeat added
- Higher community bandwidth dealing with (ought to work higher on low bandwidth connections & additionally use increased information price if attainable)
- Dolmen location fixes (Cease high stone from falling for no cause)
- Fastened eradicating merchandise from item-stand not all the time syncing merchandise stats
- Server record refresh button could be pressed earlier than the whole record has been downloaded
- Higher unhealthy connection detection
- Fastened situation inflicting server to ship extra information the longer a shopper was related
- Localization updates