Bungie added extra patch notes to its checklist for Future 2 Replace 3.1.0.
With the discharge of the Season of the Chosen, Bungie put out an enormous replace to Destiny 2 that made a number of main changes and glued a bunch of bugs. Not all these modifications made it into the patch notes for Update 3.1.0, though–including one which eliminated an annoying little bit of dialogue that is been plaguing the sport because it was first launched.
That piece of dialogue comes from Suraya Hawthorne, the Clan vendor within the Tower, and performs each time you full Hawthorne’s weekly clan problem. In its This Week at Bungie blog, the developer famous that the dialogue has now been eliminated. Presumably, all Guardians are at the moment rejoicing.
The Hawthorne dialogue has been precisely the identical for the reason that launch of Future 2, and regardless that three years of story developments have come and gone since then, Hawthorne would nonetheless spend fairly some time speaking about gamers’ accomplishments from the conclusion of Future 2’s vanilla story marketing campaign, the Pink Battle. However the situation wasn’t simply that Hawthorne’s dialogue hasn’t been up to date in three years–it’s that you’d hear it loads.
Gamers have been complaining about Hawthorne’s dialogue for some time, as a result of whether or not we wished it or not, Hawthorne at all times had time to clarify. Every week, gamers can full a problem for Hawthorne that has you contributing a specific amount of expertise factors to your clan to assist degree it up. The problem is fairly simple to knock out simply by taking part in the sport and comes with a stable loot reward, so if you happen to’re taking part in on any given week, you have been most likely visiting Hawthorne a minimum of as soon as by the tip of it. For gamers working two or three characters, the end result was visiting Hawthorne over and over most weeks for years, listening to the identical dialogue each time.
This is not the primary time a repeated little bit of dialogue has turn out to be a factor for Future gamers. Many obtained so aware of Zavala’s opening speech for a Future 1 Strike, Cerberus Vei III, that it grew to become a meme–and then Bungie joined the joke by turning the speech into a t-shirt.
Future 1 additionally featured the road “I do not even have time to clarify that I haven’t got time to clarify” from the Exo Stranger. It additionally changed into a joke that Bungie obtained in on when it launched a gun referred to as No Time To Clarify within the Taken King enlargement. (The Exo Stranger is again in Future 2’s Past Gentle enlargement and she’s much more articulate this time around.)
And earlier than that, the road “That Wizard got here from the moon!” changed into a joke after it was featured within the recreation’s alpha. Bungie as soon as once more was keen to snicker at itself a bit, printing the line on a t-shirt it sold for charity–but it did additionally take away the road from the sport.
Take a look at the additions to Replace 3.1.0’s patch notes under.
Replace 3.1.0 Extra Patch Notes
- Eliminated Hawthorne’s Pink Battle-era dialog when finishing her Clan problem.
- Gamers can now flip in Gunsmith supplies 100 at a time, and Vanguard tokens 20 at a time – sufficient to get a full rank.
- Valor, Glory, and Infamy rank-up banners at the moment are on the backside of the display screen, now not blocking gamers from taking actions in orbit when hitting a brand new rank.
- Valor, Glory, and Infamy values at the moment are out there on the principle Director display screen for the ritual.
- Reworked the mote system for extra dependable gathering.
- Iron Banner
- Eliminated Ability Based mostly Matchmaking itemizing from the Iron Banner tooltip – it has been utilizing Connection-Based mostly Matchmaking, together with the remainder of the Crucible, since June of 2020.
- Life depend modified from 6 to 4, respawn time modified from 7s to 5s, according to ruleset previous to Past Gentle.
- A Guardian Rises
- Destroying the Spider Tank throughout The Divide section will now progress the directive by 50%.
- Mounted a problem the place veteran accounts that begin a brand new character couldn’t be progress or dismiss some tutorials.
- Mounted a problem the place gamers might bounce by means of a window through the Navota vignette and block their mission progress.
- Chilly Boot
- Mounted a problem for veteran characters taking part in the New Gentle quest that might trigger the Legendary weapon tutorial to persist by means of your entire mission.
- Mounted a problem the place gamers with full Power weapon stock slots would have Riskrunner despatched to the Postmaster upon choose up.
- The weapon now drops as an Unique Engram through the mission, permitting gamers to clear room of their inventories in the event that they want to choose up their Riskrunner instantly.
Forsaken Marketing campaign
- Mounted a problem the place gamers would see a “Quests Full” message when attempting to start out the Forsaken marketing campaign, forcing them to search out and choose up the search on the Quest Archive within the Tower earlier than continuing.